"Special Hire Program (Management Trainee) - Operation (SHPOPRBTIM)"
Bahana TCW Investment Management (“BTIM”) is one of the most prominent Asset Management companies in Indonesia, established in 1994. It was founded as a joint venture between a state owned enterprise, PT Bahana Pembinaan Usaha Indonesia (Persero) (“BPUI”), and Trust Company of West (“TCW”), a global asset management company located from Los Angeles, USA. BTIM currently manages no less than Rp50 trillion assets under management, and among the Top 5 largest Asset Management companies in Indonesia.
- Bachelors degree in any field (preferably Business, Economics, Accounting, Science, or relevant majors) from reputable university with a minimum CGPA of 3,00 out of 4,00 or equivalent.
- Technology savvy.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Has great interest and understanding in Economics, Finance, and Capital Market.
- Passionate in "process" and "details", continuous learning, and high achiever.
- Result-Customer-Solution oriented
- Out-of-the-Box mindset
BTIM has various mutual fund products in its business, ranging from equity, fixed income, money market, balanced, & discretionary funds. More than 100 products now exist in Indonesia’s financial universe, but BTIM is more well-known for its Fixed Income products. Now, its money market product (Bahana Dana Likuid) keeps on gaining popularity among investors, retail in particular. Each products have different profit margin profiles. Equity products are among the most profitable products, while fixed-income products typically have the lowest profit margins. The margins for other products are between those two.
To handle such wide range of products, we divide BTIM into three different sections, Marketing & Product Development, Investment, and Operations. Marketing & Product Development’s main job is to get good understanding of investor’s point of view as to what they need and how to achieve it through appropriate investment products. Meanwhile, Investment division’s responsibility is to manage underlying asset for each investment products based on specific strategy outlined on Collective Investment Contract to achieve goal that has been set by the investors. Last but not least, Operations Division. Its main responsibility is to provide support to Marketing & Product Development and Investment Division to carry out their job. Operations Division is comprised of Fund Administration, Fund Settlement, Accounting & Tax, Legal & Compliance, and Human Capital unit.
BTIM’s source of business mainly comes from institutional customers, but the number of retail customers keeps on growing and will become a potential future business, even though in current condition the contributions from retail customers are still marginal.
In this era, every organizations are faced with these following realities:
- Competition is getting tough. New competitors keep on coming.
- Commoditization (me too product). Uniqueness is short-lived.
- Shrinking revenue due to price pressure from competitions.
- Talent war. Great talent is rare and easily hijacked.
- Especially for Indonesian company, they are quite lagged behind in technology implementation. Cost is usually the main constraint.
- If you are given a challenge to bring more success to BTIM to expand its business and profit, what would you do? And why? (Weight: 20%)
- Particularly for Operations Division:
- Describe the operational strategy that you will take to support the business! (Weight: 40%)
- Explain how you will utilize technology for business and in conjunction to talent war issue! (Weight: 40%)
If you are interested in this position, show us why youre the best candidate!
- Write an essay answering the questions above.
- Impress us with your updated resume/CV
- Send both documents with subject: SHPOPRBTIM to email@example.com
Only complete application (CV+Essay) will be considered.