Welcome to the place where peaceful mind found
Manohara Hotel Borobudur is the only hotel located nearby the 9th-century Buddhist sanctuary of Borobudur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This sanctuary hotel is located within a natural amphitheatre, with the limestone Menoreh Hills rising gently behind, the Kedu Plain in front and four volcanoes (Sumbing and Sundoro to the West, Merbabu and Merapi to the East) on the horizon.
Manohara provides the opportunity for immersion in Javanese culture, offering trips to ceremonies, temples and antique shops. Private dawn and sunset visits to Borobudur and other archeological monuments in the vicinity are a highlight of a stay at Manohara. You can start your day with a pre-dawn stroll through the dewy grass of a lush tropical garden and solemnly ascend to the top of the Borobudur temple to enjoy an unforgettable sunrise with a breathtaking scenic view.
Both a shrine to Lord Buddha and a place for Buddhist pilgrimage, Borobudur comprises six square platforms topped by three circular platforms, and is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 life-size Buddha statues, each sculpted from a single stone. The monument occupies a modest plateau and from the top gallery, beautiful views of Central Java are revealed.
MANOHARA Center of Borobudur Study
- Komplek Taman Wisata Candi Borobudur Jl. Badrawati Borobudur Magelang 56553 Central Java - INDONESIA
- Tel : +62 293 788131, 7BB6B0
- Fax : +62 293 788679
Manohara is the Kinnari (half woman, half bird) heroine of the Jataka Tale story of Prince Sudhana and Manohara. The legend appears in the Divyavadana and is documented by stone reliefs at Borobodur.
Enjoy the Manohara's simple pleasures :
- 6 Complimentary welcome drink and chilled towel upon arrival 6 Our restaurants offer wide-ranging cuisine and extensive choices 6 Buffet breakfast from 06 am to 10 am with an Indonesian & European cuisine 6 Bicycling around the Borobudur village touring 6 Room service available 24 hours
- 6 Transportation to downtown locations upon availability (by appointment)
- 6 Travel arrangements assistance 6 Enterprise Car Rental office (consult at the front desk)
- 6 Safety-deposit boxes at front desk 6 Dry cleaning and laundry services 6 Free car parking for the guests
1. AWADHANA HALL
A small hall named Awadhana was provided to perform meeting, workshop and training for 30 up to 70 participants with a 500sq ft of total meeting space, with minimum seating capacity 100 persons.
2. ABHAYA HALL
A Javanese joglo shaped which most used commonly as place to act performing, gathering or even wedding purpose. Its space can accomodate 100 persons and expandable for more. A traditional-ethnic wedding is applicable here.
Manohara provides only 30 Javanese - modern - spacious and comfortable rooms. With a splash of modern-Javanese traditional touch equipped with comfortable bed and spacious bathroom surrounded by lush tropical garden viewing the majesty and mistical Borobudur temple. They are 20 twin bed and 10 double bed rooms are facing to a greeny rice held and rural surrounding. The other double bed room faces to the wide greeny garden of Borobudur.
ROOM FACILITIES :
- Individual air conditioning
- TV with satellite channels
- Mini-bar, free tea & coffee making facilities
- Borobudur Entrance (6 am - 5 pm)
- Breakfast (American, Continental & Indonesian)
- Welcome Drink
- Tax & Service Charge
4. WITARKA RESTO
Located at the park corner with scenenary of Borobudur so guests who are having meals can see clearly the temple. Witarka Resto serves various kind of Indonesian, European and Chinese deliciousful dishes. A various budgetable buffet and set menu are available for small group or even a la carte menu for a couple and individuals. This resto is provided for 80 - 100 seats at main joglo and expandable up to 200 seats.